Geotab surpasses more than 100K telematics subscriptions in Europe
As telematics technology continues to become an essential part of commercial fleet management across the globe, Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation — today announced that it has surpassed 100,000 organically grown subscriptions in Europe.
By investing in local talent and resources across the continent, Geotab has been able to specialize its technology and business strategy to serve the specific needs of European customers, enabling the company to scale the business across Europe with staff and offices in key markets including Spain, Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy and France.
Geotab established its initial presence in Europe with the founding of Geotab GmbH in 2014. The company prioritized the localization of its hardware solution to support European vehicles and introduced its fleet management platform, to deliver a complete telematics offering to the market.
Geotab also focused on adding local supply chain competencies and built out a partner network of businesses from across Europe that help to market, sell, support and add applications to the Geotab platform. For example, in 2019 the company acquired Intendia, a Spanish engineering firm that has since strengthened Geotab’s local engineering capabilities and brought complementary technology into the company’s world-class product portfolio.
“Geotab focused on putting together a team of local professionals from the emerging mobility ecosystem, including wireless, fleet management, OEM, telematics, car sharing and academia, to build a strong foundation across these sectors,” said Edward Kulperger, SVP EMEA for Geotab. “The foundation we built has resulted in a record number of subscriptions for Geotab in Europe over the last year, allowing us to surpass 100,000 subscriptions and preparing us to grow the business faster than ever before.”
Investing the time to execute regional strategies has enabled Geotab to develop its core competencies across the continent, including engineering, software development, business leadership and more. As a result, Geotab has been able to establish a firm presence in the market as a European company designed for European customers.
This regionalized approach has been instrumental in enabling the company to surpass its first 100,000 subscriptions in Europe and is now supporting Geotab’s accelerated growth in the market and has positioned the company to sustain its current growth trajectory.
Accelerating Growth in Europe:
- Since 2019, Geotab has doubled its subscriber count, adding over 50,000 subscriptions representing a 115% increase as of June 30, 2021
- Current European strategic partners include leading last mile delivery companies, wireless carriers, some of the largest OEMs in the world as well as fleet management and rental companies and mobility providers.
- Geotab has grown its employee base by 131% since 2019 and now has a team of over 130 professionals in Europe and is focused on continuing to build strong localized business competencies.
- With new facilities in Madrid, London, Aachen, Rome and Paris, Geotab is expanding its geographic footprint in Europe and it continues to tap into new talent and resources.
- In January 2020, Geotab opened an automotive center of excellence in High Wycombe, a town in the United Kingdom, to help support fleets exploring the growing electric vehicle (EV) market in Europe.
“As a company with a global strategy, Geotab recognized that to be successful in the European market it would have to adapt its business and its services to fit the different needs of each region,” said CEO Neil Cawse. “The rapid growth Geotab is experiencing, is a testament to that strategy and further demonstrates our commitment to the European market. As the company continues to enhance its capabilities to meet the unique needs of European customers, by investing in both people and technology, Geotab looks forward to achieving further success in Europe.”